SCI Recruitment 2017 | Apply for DNS Course
Dear candidates, the Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCI) (A Government of India Enterprise) invites application from eligible, unmarried and medically fit Indian nationals (male/ female candidates), who are desirous of pursuing a career at sea, for the DNS course leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for February 2017 Batch. The last date for receipt of applications is 25th January 2017.
DNS course leading
to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
Not more than 25 Years as on 1st February 2017. Age Relaxation as per Govt. Rules.
1st February 2017
The selected candidates who qualify for IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test will be admitted for training at SCI Maritime Training (MTI) at Powai and Tuticorin. Both SCI institutes are affiliated to Indian Maritime University (IMU), Chennai, A Central University setup by Government of India
(1) Pass in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks and not less than 55% for SC/ST
Candidates as per IMU Eligibility Criteria. (Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination and waiting for results are also eligible to apply & qualify for examination subject to their securing 60% marks in PCM prior commencement of course). (OR)
(2) Pass in B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with not less than 50% marks in final year from a recognized university. Physics should be an individual subject in one of the years in B.Sc. provided that the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) from a recognized University. (OR)
(3) B.E. / B. Tech. degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE. (AND) Minimum 50% in English subject as a separate subject, at either 10th or 12th standard or in Degree, conducted by a recognized Board or University.
Medical Standards: The Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000 / MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below:-
(1) Height: Minimum 157 cms. Or as per the DGS Guidelines. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with DGS / Govt.
(2) Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
(3) Hearing: Normal.
(4) Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.
Selection Process: Online Examination and various Schedule. All interested candidates must appear and qualify IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance
Test which is mandatory in order to join MTI Powai and Tuticorin. Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results.
How to Apply: The Shipping Corporation of India invites application from the candidates in the prescribed format. Completed applications along with all attached documents should be addressed to “The Principal, Maritime Training Institute – The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, 52-C, Adi Shankracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai – 400 072 Maharashtra” by Ordinary Post / Courier / Speed Post / Registered Post. The postal cover super-scribing the envelope as “Application for selection of TNOC/ DNS – February’ 2017 Batch”. The last date for submission of applications is 25/01/2017.
|Download Application Format >>|