- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Test 2018-19 for Lateral Admission to Class IX
- Other Common Details of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
Navodaya Vidyalaya admission form 2018 for admission in class 9th (IX) through lateral entry test 2017 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) admission form 2018 Download Application Form How to Apply
Eligibility Condition :
● 1. Only those candidates who have studied in class VIII during the Academic Session 2018-19 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
● 2. Candidate appearing for the selection test must pass Class VIII in the academic session 2018-19 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
● 3. Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before 01.05.2002 and after 30.04.2006. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.
Online Process Start From: 01st March 2018
Last Date of Submitting Online Application: 05th April 2018
Date of Selection Test: 19th May 2018
● Examination :
1. Date of Examination- soon
2. Duration- Three hours (10.00 Am to 1.00 PM)
3. Centre for examination shall be in the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned.
4. Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi.
Important Links for JNV School 9th Class Exam:
|In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) all over the country except Tamil Nadu. These Vidyalayas are co-educational, residential in nature which are fully financed by Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Though admission to these Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, but in order to make optimum use of infrastructure facilities available in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, the vacant seats at Class IX level are also proposed to be filled up through a Selection Test. While education in these Vidyalayas is free with the board, lodging, uniforms and textbooks upto Class-VIII, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month is collected from the children from IX to XII Class. However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and those from the families of below poverty line, are exempted from payment of fees|
ADMISSION TO CLASS IX AGAINST VACANT SEATS
|In view of the need for optimum utilization of the infrastructure and facilities available in the Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill up the vacant seats in IX class through an All India level Selection Test. The district-wise vacant seats in the Vidyalayas have been separately notified in the local newspapers.|
|2.0 HOW TO APPLY FOR JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS IX|
|Vidyalaya wise vacant seats in class IX have already been notified. The eligible candidates may apply for their admission to class IX in the prescribed application form, which is attached with this Prospectus, and can be obtained free of cost from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. The Application Form can also be downloaded from the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website, http://nvshq.org/news_home.php|
|3.0 HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM|
|Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach the office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district on or before last date through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is required to get the acknowledgement receipt from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.|
|4.0 RESULT OF SELECTION TEST|
|Result of the Selection Test will be notified on the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in selected local newspapers. Selected candidates will also be intimated by post.|
|The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category are reserved for the SC/ST students as notified by the Regional Office/concerned Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.|
|6.0 SELECTION AND ADMISSION|
|§ Mere qualifying in the selection test will not vest any right to secure admission in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya till the candidate produces all the relevant documents such as date of birth certificate, pass certificate of class VIII with mark sheet, SC/ST certificate etc. as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.|
|§ Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for their re-checking/re-totalingetc.|
Candidates will be considered for the admission only for that Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for the Selection Test.
- The medium of test is English/Hindi.
- Candidates Studying in class VIII during the Academic Session 2015-16 in one of the Govt. recognized schools of the district.
- Center for the examination will be Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district.
- Age Limit : Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before 01.05.2002 and after 30.04.2006
- Entrance test will be objective/descriptive type with 03 hours.