Andhra Pradesh govt. has released AP Ed.CET 2018 notification on 5th March 2018. The AP Ed.CET exam is scheduled on 19/04/2018. Its very important to Study hard from today itself for the exam. So here we are providing AP EdCET Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Important Dates of AP Ed.CET 2018
|Activity||Date & Time|
|Notification of AP Ed.CET – 2018||05-03-2018 (Monday)|
|Commencement of Submission of Online application forms||08-03-2018 (Thursday)|
|Last date for submission of online applications without late fee||05-04-2018 (Thursday)|
|Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 500/-||10-04-2018 (Tuesday)|
|Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||08-04-2018 & 09-04-2018|
|Downloading of Hall-tickets from the website http://www.sche.ap.gov.in/edcet||12-04-2018 (Thursday)|
|Date of AP Ed.CET – 2018 Examination||19-04-2018 (Thursday)|
|Time of Examination||11.00 AM to 01.00 PM|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||22-04-2018 (Sunday)|
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||23-04-2018 (Monday)|
|Declaration of Results||25-04-2018 (Wednesday)|
AP Ed.CET 2018 Exam Pattern
The common entrance test will be of objective type (multiple choice) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hours’ time
Part-A: General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
Part-B: 1) General Knowledge – 15 questions for 15 marks
2) Teaching Aptitude – 10 questions for 10 marks
Part-C: Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100marks.
1) Mathematics – 100 questions for 100 marks
2) Physical Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Botany – 50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Zoology – 50 questions for 50 marks
4) Social Studies – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Geography – 35 questions for 35 marks
(ii) History – 30 questions for 30 marks
(iii) Civics – 15 questions for 15 marks
(iv) Economics – 20 questions for 20 marks
5) English – 100 questions for 100 marks
Note: Part-A and Part-B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part-C
III. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE CHOICE OF SUBJECT UNDER PART-C (G.O.Ms.No. 92, Education (SE-Trg-I) Department, dated 16-11-2006 and the amendments thereafter).
1 –Mathematics : Candidate with B.A./B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject. B.Tech with Mathematics & Physics
3 – BiologicalSciences: Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A.Candidates with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subjects.
2 – PhysicalSciences: Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate
level as group subject.
4 – SocialStudies : All candidates with B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
5 – English: Candidates with B.A Special English or M.A. English
AP ED.CET-2018 SYLLABUS
COVERING THE DEGREE SUBJECTS (B.A.,B.Com., B.Sc.) FOR THE PERIOD 2015-18
Syllabus for the subjects under Part-A, Part-B and Part-C of the Education Common Entrance Test-2018.
PART-A: GENERAL ENGLISH
1. Reading Comprehension.
2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
3. Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
4. Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
PART-B: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & TEACHING APTITUDE
1. Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general knowledge
of the environment around him and its application to society.
2. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific
outlook as is expected of an educated person.
3. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography,
Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
4. Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart fromanalytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating tothese aspects will be included to test one’s teaching aptitude.
PART-C: One of the following subjects to be opted:
1. Mathematics (MS)
2. Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
3. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
(For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level (revised common core degree syllabus)
5. English [Special English in B.A.] The Syllabus for Part C for Subject: English shall cover
a) Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII, IX and X and that for the Two-Year Intermediate course of A.P-50 Questions(50 Marks)
i) Language functions ii) Elements of Phonetics iii) Grammar
iv) Phrasal Verbs (idioms) v) Writing skills vi) Study skills vii) Reference skills
b) Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level (B.A.Special English)/Modern Literature Syllabus in English-50 Questions (50 marks)
AP Ed.CET 2018 MODEL PAPER
PART-A : GENERAL ENGLISH (Marks : 25)
1. He failed. He was very careless.
Choose the sentence you get when you combine the given pairs of sentences.
(1) He failed, so he was very careless. (2) He was very careless, but he failed.
(3) He failed because his carelessness. (4) He failed because of his carelessness.
2. We attended a……………… of classical music last Sunday.
Fill in the blanks with the correct word given.
(1) programmes (2) consort (3) show (4)
3. Identify the correct sentence given.
(1) Will you mind closing the door ?
(2) Would you mind to closing the door ?
(3) Would you mind closing the door ? (4) Would you mind switch off the fan ?
PART-B : GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND TEACHING APTITUDE (Marks : 25)
1. Who is related to Green Revolution in India ?
(1) VargheeseKurian (2) Anand
(3) Dr. M.S. Swaminadhan (4) MedhaPatkar
(3) unsure of punishment or reward (4) left entirely to themselves
(Code:1-Mathematics Methodology) (Marks : 100)
1. A regular polygon has 10 sides. Then the number of its diagonals is : (1) 30 (2) 35 (3) 40 (4) 45
2. The standard deviation of 1, 2, 3,………., 10 is ó. Then the standard deviation of 11, 12, 13,…………., 20 is :
(1) σ + 10 (2) 10σ (3) σ + 20 (4) σ
3. The number of even positive divisors of 10800 is : (1) 46 (2) 60 (3) 48 (4) 12
PART-C : PHYSICAL SCIENCES
(Code:2-Physical Sciences Methodology) (Marks : 100) PHYSICS (Marks : 50)
1. Two objects A and B are thrown vertically upwards with their initial speeds in the ratio of 2:3. The ratio of the maximum heights attained by them is :
(1) 2:3 (2) 3:2 (3) 4:9 (4) 9:4
2. If the current flows in a conductor from east to west, the direction of the magnetic field at a point above the conductor is : (1) towards west (2)
towards east (3) towards north (4) towards south
3. Kilowatt hour is the unit of :
(1) Electric power (2) Electric resistance (3) Electric potential (4) Electric energy
1. In a colloidal system, the dispersed phase is a liquid and the dispersion medium is a solid. The colloidal system is : (1) a foam
(2) a sol (3) an emulsion (4) a gel
2. Which of the following is a semiconductor?
(1) Ag (2) Cu (3) Au (4) Si
3. The display unit of calculator contains :
(1) gases (2) crystals (3) liquid crystals (4) liquids
PART-C : BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
(Code:3-Biological Sciences Methodology) (Marks : 100) BOTANY (Marks : 50)
1. Which of the following is a vascular cryptogam ?
(1) Gymnosperms (2) Angiosperms (3) Bryophytes (4) Pteridophytes
2. Bacterial nuclear material does not contain :
(1) DNA (2) Circular DNA (3) Polyamines (4) Histones
3. Which of the following is incorrect about plasmids?
(1) Extrachromosomal genetic material (2) Transmitted to another bacterium during conjugation
(3) Impart no special property to the bacterium (4) Transmitted to daughter cells by binary fission.
ZOOLOGY (Marks : 50)
1. One of the following fishes is known for discontinuous distribution :
(1) Exocoetus (2) Clarias (3) Protopterus (4) Torpedo
2. Function of parapodia :
(1) Respiration (2) Touch (3) Excretion (4) Feeding
3. The division of Nucleus alone is known as :
(1) Mitosis (2) Amitosis (3) Cytokinesis (4) Karyokinesis
PART-C : SOCIAL STUDIES
(Code:4-Social StudiesMethodology) (Marks : 100) GEOGRAPHY (Marks : 35)
1. The continent that has occupied the largest area in the equatorial belt is :
(1) South America (2) Australia (3) Africa (4) Asia
2. Which one of the following is not a Sea ?
(1) Aral Sea (2) Black Sea (3) Yellow Sea (4) White Sea
3. Arabica is a variety of which one of the following crop ?
(1) Tea (2) Coffee (3) Cocoa (4) Sugar cane
HISTORY (Marks :30)
1. The Treaty of Berlin was concluded in : (1) 1878 (2) 1879 (3) 1880 (4) 1882
2. Who introduced New Economic Policy ?
(1) Chekov (2) Stalin (3) Gorky (4) Lenin
3. Konark Sun Temple is in :
(1) Bihar (2) Orissa (3) Karnataka (4) Kerala
CIVICS (Marks :15)
1. “Contempt of Court” comes under :
(1) Union list (2) State list (3) Concurrent list (4) Exemption in Union list
2. How many member-states of the U.N.O. enjoy the „VETO‟ power ?
(1) 1 (2) 2 (3) 5 (4) 10
3. Which of the following is not a device of direct democracy ?
(1) Referendum (2) Plebiscite (3) Recall (4) Reservation
ECONOMICS (Marks :20)
1. Which of the following is an indirect tax ?(1) Personal Income Tax (2) Corporate Tax (3)Wealth Tax (4) Tax on natural resources
2. Bank drafts are issued by :
(1) International Monetary Fund (2) Commercial Banks (3) Reserve Bank of India (4) Business Firms
3. Which of the following is a source of revenue in the revenue account of the budget?
(1) Subsidies (2) Market borrowings (3) Interest revenue (4) Revenue from taxes
PART-C : ENGLISH
(Code:5-EnglishMethodology) (Marks : 100)
1. These words are always said in their strong form, in a sentence :
(1) articles (2) some conjunctions (3) adverbs (4) prepositions
2. Integration of reading and writing skills is involved in :
(1) reporting (2) reciting (3) note-taking (4) note-making
3. Toru Dutt‟s „Sita‟ is :
(1) Lyrical (2) Elegiac (3) Melancholic (4) Very humorous