The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) released Assistant Engineer Mechanical Recruitment with 102 Vacancies. And in this article, we are explained about the BPSC AE Syllabus and Exam Pattern and because the post is released for only mechanical Engineers the syllabus is also given according to it. The complete descriptions about the topics are given here and so it becomes easy for you in the exam preparation. And the preparation is very important and if the applicant forgot this and went to the exam hall to try the luck, then it will not work. Because there is a number of vacancies in a single category there will be a tough competition.
BPSC AE Syllabus 2019 Mechanical Available Here !!!
The direct link to download the Bihar AE Mechanical Syllabus 2019 is given at the end of the post
Bihar PSC AE Mechanical Syllabus 2019
|Organization Name||Bihar Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||BPSC AE Recruitment 2019|
|Number of Vacancies||102 Vacancies|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Engineer|
|Job Location||Bihar State|
|Starting Date to Apply||June 2nd, 2019|
|Ending to Apply||June 12th, 2019|
|Exam Date||Updated soon|
|Syllabus & Exam Pattern||Available Here|
BPSC AE Syllabus 2019 PDF
BPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus – Mathematical Fundamentals
- Algebra and Complex Analysis: Algebra of matrices, rank, and determinant of matrices, linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Cayley-Hamilton theorem. Matrix representation of linear transformations. Canonical forms, diagonal forms, triangular forms, Quadratic forms, reduction and classification of quadratic forms Analytic functions, Cauchy-Riemann equations. Contour integral, Cauchy’s theorem, Cauchy’s integral formula, Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues. Conformal mappings, Mobius transformations —Fourier series—harmonics.
- Calculus and its Applications: Linear ordinary differential equations (ODEs), the variation of parameters, Sturm -Liouville problem. Partial differential equations (PDEs) – Classification of second-order PDEs, General solution of higher order PDEs with constant coefficients, Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat and Wave equations. Transformation techniques—Laplace transformation—Fourier transforms—z—transformation to solve differential and difference equations.
- Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations iteration methods and Newton—Raphson method, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods-Numerical differentiation and integration, Numerical solutions of ODEs and PDEs.
- Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis: Sample space, discrete probability, independent events, Bayes theorem. Random variables and distribution functions (univariate and multivariate) – expectation and moments. Independent random variables, marginal and conditional distributions. Characteristic functions. Standard discrete and continuous univariate distributions. Correlation and simple and multiple linear regression. Test of hypotheses —Large and small sample tests confidence intervals. Chi-square test goodness of fit. Simple non-parametric tests for one and two sample problems, rank correlation and test for independence. ANOVA.
BPSC Asst Engineer Syllabus – Applied Mechanics and Design
- Engineering Mechanics: Free body diagrams and equilibrium; trusses and frames; virtual work; kinematics and dynamics of particles and of rigid bodies in plane motion, including impulse and momentum (linear and angular) and energy formulations; impact.
- Strength of Materials: Stress and strain, stress-strain relationship and elastic constants, Mohr’s circle for plane stress and plane strain, thin cylinders; shear force and bending moment diagrams; bending and shear stresses; deflection of beams; thermal stresses; Stress concentration factor; Fatigue Strength and S-N curve; failure theories.Theory of Machines Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of slider-crank mechanism; flywheels.
- Vibrations: Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems; effect of damping; vibration isolation; resonance, critical speeds of shafts.
- Technical drafting: Engineering drawing practice; Indian standards for technical drawing. Machine Elements Basic concepts of machine elements and their design;
BPSC AE Mechanical Syllabus – Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties; the viscous flow of incompressible fluids; fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy; control-volume analysis of mass, momentum, and energy; fluid acceleration; differential equations of continuity and momentum; Bernoulli’s equation; flow through pipes, head losses in pipes, bends, etc. Heat-Transfer Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, fins; dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, radiative heat transfer, black and grey surfaces, shape factors; heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods.
- Thermodynamics: Zeroth, First and Second laws of thermodynamics; thermodynamic system and processes; Carnot cycle. irreversibility and availability; behavior of ideal and real gases, properties of pure substances, calculation of work and heat in ideal processes; analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion.
- Power Engineering: Steam Tables, Rankine, Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat. I.C. Engines, air-standard Otto, Diesel cycles. Stirling cycle.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Vapour refrigeration cycle, heat pumps, gas refrigeration, Reverse Brayton cycle; moist air, psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes.
- Turbomachinery: Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines, impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams. MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials, heat treatment, stress-strain diagrams for engineering materials.
- Metal Casting: Design of patterns, molds, and cores; solidification and cooling; riser and gating design, design considerations. Forming: Load estimation for bulk (forging, rolling, extrusion, drawing) and sheet (shearing, deep drawing, bending) metal forming processes; principles of powder metallurgy
- Joining: Physics of welding, brazing, and soldering; adhesive bonding;
BPSC AE Mech Syllabus PDF – Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Mechanics of machining, single and multi-point cutting tools, tool geometry and materials, tool life and wear; economics of machining; principles of non-traditional machining processes; principles of work holding, principles of design of jigs and fixtures.
- Metrology and Inspection: Limits, fits and tolerances; linear and angular measurements; comparators; gauge design; interferometry; form and finish measurement; alignment and testing methods; tolerance analysis in manufacturing and assembly.
- Production Planning and Control: Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement planning.
- Inventory Control: Deterministic and probabilistic models; safety stock inventory control systems.
- Operations Research: Linear programming, simplex, and duplex method, transportation, assignment, network flow models, simple queuing models, PERT and CPM.
BPSC AE Syllabus 2019 – Some Current Trends in Design and Manufacturing
- Mechatronics System Design: Pneumatic and hydraulic systems; Electro-pneumatic and electro-hydraulic systems; Pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motors, and actuators; Concepts of microcontrollers, Feedback devices; Point-to-point, continuous- path and servo control; Types of CNC machines and robots. Programmable logic controllers; CNC and robot programming. Some current developments in modern machine tools, robotics, mechatronics; Basic topics related to micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS).
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing: Basic concepts of CAD/CAM and their integration tools. Exchange of product design and manufacturing data; CNC and robot programming methods. CAD/CAM Software and Virtual Product Development; Rapid Manufacturing Technologies; Concepts of Machine vision and Jigless manufacturing;
- Computer-Aided Engineering: Finite Element Methods; Computational fluid dynamics; Mechanical Systems Simulation; Tools for conventional mechanisms and MEMS design.
- Automotive Engineering: Development in Bio-fuels, other alternative fuels, and hydrogen as future fuel; Emission standards; Electronic injection systems; Passenger comfort and safety devices; Indian auto industry and Automotive vehicles in the Indian market.
Important Links – BPSC Asst. Engineer Mech Syllabus 2019 Download
|Official Website of BPSC||Click Here|
|Download BPSC AE Mechanical Syllabus 2019||Click Here|