- CSIR UGC NET June 2018 Notification Out- Apply Now @ csirhrdg.res.in
- Eligibility criteria For CSIR UGC NET 2018
- Educational Qualification For CSIR NET 2018
- Age limit For CSIR NET 2018
- Selection procedure For CSIR UGC NET 2018
- Application fee For CSIR NET 2018
- How to apply For CSIR UGC NET 2018
- Important dates For CSIR NET 2018
- Important Links for CSIR UGC NET 2018
- CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern
- CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit card
- CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result
- CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off
CSIR UGC NET June 2018 Notification Out- Apply Now @ csirhrdg.res.in
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Examination Unit has released the official notification for the Joint CSIR-UGC Test June session on the website, csirhrdg.res.in
The examination is held for determining the eligibility of the candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science and Technology, said a notification from the council. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding recruitment in a university or a national laboratory or an institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
Eligibility criteria For CSIR UGC NET 2018
Educational Qualification For CSIR NET 2018
All the candidates interested in applying need to possess a Master of Science (MSc) or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS- 4 years/ Bachelor of Engineering (BE)/ Bachelor of Technology (BTech)/ BPharma/MBBS from a recognised university or institute with at least 55 per cent marks.
For more details, all the candidates can check the official notification available on the official website.
Age limit For CSIR NET 2018
- JRF- Maximum Age – 28 Years
- Assistant Professor – No Age Limit
- Age Relaxation for OBC/SC/ST/PWD – 5 years
Selection procedure For CSIR UGC NET 2018
Two separate merit lists will be prepared by the conducing organisation, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET).
All the candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination followed by interview round.
Application fee For CSIR NET 2018
|2.||Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer||Rs. 500|
|3.||SC/ST/ Persons with disability (PwD)||Rs. 250|
How to apply For CSIR UGC NET 2018
- All the candidates need to apply online at csirhrdg.res.in
- Fill in all the details in the prescribed format
- Candidates should note that after successfully submitting application online, they are required to take print out of the same
- Further, candidates need to send their application along with all the supporting documents to the Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.
Important dates For CSIR NET 2018
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date to Online Application||5th March 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||26th March 2018|
|Last Date to Change Exam Centre||19th April 2018|
|Tentative Date for Publication of List of Candidates Registered for Written Exam||18th May 2018|
|Date of Exam||17th June 2018|
|Admit Card Release||1st Week of June|
Important Links for CSIR UGC NET 2018
CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern
- The Test will be held in a total of five subjects viz., Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Physical Sciences Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
- It will consist of a single MCQ paper comprising of 200 marks.
- There will be a deduction of the marks for wrong answers as per the subject wise scheme of the exam.
- The benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question in the case, any question found to be wrong at a later stage then.
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|List of Subjects||Life Sciences Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Mathematical Sciences Chemical Sciences Physical Sciences|
The question paper will be divided into three Parts- A, B, and C as described below:
Part A – First part will be common to all the subjects and will include questions pertaining to logical reasoning, graphical analysis, General Aptitude, Numerical ability etc.
Part B – Second part of the test will include conventional MCQs covering various topics of the concerned subject. For the subject of Engineering Sciences, however, questions pertaining to Engineering Aptitude and Mathematics will be included.
Part C – This section will comprise of questions of a higher value that will be designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or its application. Questions in this section will be of an analytical nature. For the subject of Engineering Sciences, it will include subject-related Multiple Choice Questions.
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions||Duration|
|A||General Aptitude, Graphical Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Numeric Ability etc.||200||3 Hours|
|B||Mathematics and Engineering Aptitude|
|C||Application of the scientific concepts, Engineering Sciences|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit card
- The appearing candidates of CSIR UGC NET 2018, can download their admit cards from the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in.
- The admit card will be issued by mid-June.
- The candidates have to enter their application form number and date of birth to download their admit card.
- No hard copy of admit cards will be issued to any candidate.
- The candidates have to carry their admit cards at the examination center.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result
- The Result will be published in form of merit list at the official website.
- The merit list will comprise names of qualified candidates with their ranks.
- It will be published differently for each stream.
- The preparation of the merit list is done on the basis of performance of candidates in June 2018 exam.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off
- The cut off marks for CSIR UGC NET is the minimum marks required to get shortlisted for fellowships.
- Cut Off marks is expected to be declared separately for each subject.
The cut off is devised considering numerous factors including,
- Total number of appearing candidates
- Total number of available seats
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
The expected CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|