JOIN INDIAN ARMY : DETAILED NOTIFICATION FOR JAG ENTRY SCHEME 18TH COURSE (APR 2017) SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE FOR LAW GRADUATES (MEN AND WOMEN)
- The Indian Army is looking for the best and the brightest LAW GRADUATES Married/Unmarried men and Unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General
- Vacancies. Men – 13, Women – 3. Conditions of Eligibility.
- Nationality. Must be an Indian
- Age Limit. 21 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2017 (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 90 and not later than 01 Jan 96, both dates inclusive).
Note :- The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years course after graduation or five years course after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
- Height & Weight. The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards. For male candidate distance Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmatism. Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP-III (Defective safe). A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. In order to detect PRK/LASIK all the candidates at SMB will be subjected to the measurement of Axial length by A- Scan biometer. Candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army If they fulfill following criteria : –
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
- A healthy
- Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of : ± 50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- Axial length within permissible
- Tattoo Policy. For details on the Tattoo policy, please visit our website – ‘joinindianarmy.nic.in’
- A candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability which is likely to interfere with the effective performance of
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training
at Officer’s Training Academy ( OTA), Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime the candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
- Running 4 Km in 15 minutes. (ii) Push up – 13 Nos.
(iii) Sit ups – 25 Nos. (iv) Chin ups- 6 Nos.
(v) Rope climbing – 3-4 meters.
- Method of Selection: The Selection process to be followed is indicated below:-
- Initial shortlisting of online applications will be done at Recruiting Directorate Army Headquarters and the decision of DG Recruiting will be In this regard no representation will be entertained. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason. Details of shortlisted applications shall be put up on the Directorate General of Recruiting website – www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear at the Service Selection Board on a specified
- Two Stage Selection Procedure. Two stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same
- Candidates who qualify stage one will be retained for stage –II test comprising of Group Test, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days(excluding stg-I day). Candidates who qualify Stg-II will submit self attested photo copy of educational documents mentioned in Para 27 (a) to (g) to Selection Centre for completion of their dossier/verification.
- The candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
- Entitlement for Travelling Allowances . Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled to AC -III tier to and fro railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent
7. Merit List: It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in SSB interview and as such higher educational qualification, previous performances, NCC background, etc, have no role to play. Those high in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacanci es, and are medically fit, are issued joining instruction for pre-commissioning training.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General of Recruiting and Directorate General of Recruiting Website- joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Medical Examination: A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Women candidate will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male/female doctors/specialist/gynecologist. There will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the president of the Special Medical Board (SMB) regarding the procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB). Unfit Candidates should report for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in any of Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services in Dte Gen of Rtg. Pregnancy, if detected at any stage, after selection at SSB or during training will debar the candidate from grant of commission.
10. Training and Prospects.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of vacancies available at the time
- Duration of training – 49 weeks at OTA, On successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will He/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
- All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded “ Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of
- On joining the Army, some of Personal Restrictions in Service will be imposed in accordance with Article 33 of Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to
- Period of Probation. An Officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he is granted the If he is reported on, within the probationary period, as unsuitable to retain his Commission, it may be terminated any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period.
- Liability of Service. Officers granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and
- Tenure of Engagement : Short Service Commission to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 Officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of period of ten years in Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of permanent commission in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant rules. Those SSC officers, who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army.
15. The Army Offers You.
- Pay Scale and Promotion Criteria. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service condition. The pay scale and promotion criteria are as follows: –
|Rank||Pay Band/Scale||Grade Pay||MSP||Remarks|
|Captain||PB-3/15600-39100||6100||6000||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||PB-3/15600-39100||6600||6000||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||PB-4/37400-67000||8000||6000||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel||PB-4/37400-67000||8700||6000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.|
|Lt General/HAG Scale||67000-(annual increment @ 3%) – 79000||Nil||Nil|
|HAG + Scale*|
1/3rd of total strength of Lt General
|75500-(annual increment @ 3%)|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||80000 (Fixed)||Nil||Nil|
- Allowances as applicable. The rates of allowances applicable to officer are as under: –
|Allowances||To Whom Applicable||Rates|
|Fd Area Allowance||Officers Posted to Fd Area||4200/-pm|
|High Altitude/Uncongentel climate||Officers posted in High Altitude/Uncongentel Climate||11200/-pm|
|Siachen||Officers posted in Siachen||14000/-pm|
|Flying Allowance||Officers Posted as Army Aviation||9000/-pm|
|Parachute Allowance||Officers posted in Active Parachute Bn/Regt||1200/-pm|
|Special Force Allowance||Officers Posted in Special Forces||9000/-pm|
|Transport Allowance||Officers posted in Peace Station||3200 + DA Pm in A1/A|
Cities and 1600 + DA Pm at Other Cities.
|House Rent Allowances||To Officers not provided Govt Accommodation.||10%-30% of Basic Pay (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Officers||400/-pm|
|Uniform Allowance (Outfit Allowance)||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every three years.|
|Qualification Pay/Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000-20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers posted as instructors||1800/-|
Note:- In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness allowance has gone up by 100%.
- Cost to Company (CTC). The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 70000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Privileges. In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical facilities for self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/ Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidized
- Group Insurance. The Gentlemen/Lady cadets of OTA when in receipt of stipend are insured for 60 lac with effect from 01 Oct 2015. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100 percent disability will be Rs. 25 lac which is proportionately reduced up to Rs. 5 lac for 20 percent disability. However, for less than 20% disability, no disability benefit is eligible but an Ex Gratia Grant of Rs. 50,000/ – will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre- enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman/Lady cadet withdrawn on disciplinary grounds or as undesirable or voluntarily leaves the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and Ex Gratia Grant. Subscription at the rate of Rs. 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentlemen/Lady cadets who are in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicabl e to regular Army Officers.
- Leave Entitlements : On commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
- Sports & Adventure : The Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as River Rafting, Mountaineering, Hot air ballooning, Hand gliding, Horse Riding etc.
- Physical Fitness: In OTA curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc so that you meet training goals successfully.
- Stipend/Pay During Training: During the period of training the candidates will be given stipend of 21000/- per month. The stipend will be converted to pay for all purposes on successful completion of training and allowances admissible will be paid. On completion of training officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in Para 15 above.
- The final allotment of Arms/Service/Corps, at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence (Army) keeping in view the existing No representation is tenable on this account.
- Reserve Liability: SSC Officers on release before or on expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve liability to serve Army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or up to the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever is
- Cost of Training. The entire cost of training is at Government In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs 8785/-per week or as notified at that time, for the period of his stay at OTA.
- HOW TO APPLY: Applications will only be accepted online on website
- Open the website “joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
- Click on Officers Entry ‘ Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration.
- Follow onscreen instructions for Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process the application. A page ‘Officers Selection- Eligibility’ will open.
- Your Registration details will confirm your eligibility to Click on ‘Apply’ and a page ‘Application Form’ will open. Proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions. Read onscreen instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details under various segments- personal information, communication details, Education details and Details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you proceed to the next segment.
- After filling details of last segment you will move to a page ‘Summary of Information’, wherein you can check & edit entries you have made so Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details click on ‘Submit’. After submitting click on ‘PDF’ and take out two copies of the application form having the Roll Number and other details generated by the system.
Note :- Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstance, and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained.
- Any change in your postal address, telephone Number, etc after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Roll Number, name and course opted
- Please ensure correctness of your particulars while filling up online application form. No correspondence regarding amendment to particulars once filled up shall be entertained at any stage and the form shall be rejected.
- Candidates must submit only one online application Receipt of more than one application form from one candidate will result in rejection of candidature and no representation shall be entertained in this regard.
27. Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate duly self attested:-
- One copy of the Print out of application form duly signed and self attested photograph
- Copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for pro of of (c) Copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marks sheet.
- Copy of Graduation Degree/Provisional Degree (in case of three years LLB
- Copy of LLB Degree/Provisional
- Copy of Marks sheets of all years/Semesters.
- Copy of registration with Bar Council of India/State/Certificate from college/University that the LLB Course in the said institution is recognized by Bar Council of
- All above mentioned certificates are required in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board Any candidate who does not carry the above documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General Recruiting.
- Variation, if any, in name and/or spelling as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate and Graduation or equivalent certificate must be supported by an affidavit and Gazette notification authorizing the
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 17 AUG 2016 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 15 SEP 2016 AT 1700 HRS
- Change of Interview Dates.
- Request for change of SSB interview dates will not be However under most unavoidable circumstances such a change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather than the rule. Requests for such change duly supported by relevant documents should be sent to the Selection Centre from where the call-up letter for SSB Interview has been received and NOT to Directorate General of Recruiting.
- Candidates failing to intimate the reasons alongwith supporting documents for not attending SSB interview on the given date, to the selection Centre from where the call up letter was received, will not be afforded any further chance to attend SSB
(c) No request for change of interview Centre will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Any ambiguity/false information/concealment of information detected in the certificates/application form/documents submitted by the candidate will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of
- For more information/queries regarding allotment of Selection Centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit DG Rtg website joinindianarmy.nic.in. or contact Tele No (011) 26173215 (between 2 PM to 5 PM Monday to Friday) Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), West Block –III, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066.
- JOIN INDIAN ARMY : DETAILED NOTIFICATION FOR JAG ENTRY SCHEME 18TH COURSE (APR 2017) SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE FOR LAW GRADUATES (MEN AND WOMEN)
- Note:- Candidates withdrawn from IMA/OTA/Naval Academy/ Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
- 10. Training and Prospects.
- 15. The Army Offers You.
- Note :- Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstance, and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- 27. Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate duly self attested:-
- ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 17 AUG 2016 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 15 SEP 2016 AT 1700 HRS
- (c) No request for change of interview Centre will be entertained under any circumstances.