Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test 2017 -18 is conducted for B.Ed qualified candidates to get government and private jobs in teaching sector. Punjab TET Certificate will be issued top those contenders who will get qualified in Punjab TET Exam and further qualified candidates in PTET exam will be called for interview round.
PTET 2017 – 18 Notification Brief Details
Punjab TET 2017: State Council of Educational Research & Training, Punjab is going to invite Punjab TET Application Form for the individuals who want to make their career in teaching department. Contenders, who want to become teachers of class I – V and VI-VIII in the Punjab Schools have to qualify in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. Punjab School Education Board has decided to conduct PSTET Exam in the month of September. Interested and eligible candidates can go through PSTET Notification and further fill the PSTET application form and submit it before the last date.
|Name of Organization||State Council of Educational Research & Training, Punjab|
|Exam Name||Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Last Date to apply Online||Check Below|
|Mode to apply||Online|
Punjab TET Eligibility Norms:
For Classes I-V (Primary Stage):
- 12th/Intermediate with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year diploma in Elementary education.
- 12th class with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in elementary education.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
For Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
|Category||Only Paper I or II||Both Paper I & II|
|General / BC / OBC Category||Rs. 600 /- (Six hundred)||Rs. 1200 /- (One Thousand Two Hundred)|
|SC / ST Category / Differently Abled||Rs. 300 /- (Three hundred )||Rs. 600 /- (Six hundred)|
- Credit/Debit Card: Make payment through Master/Visa Credit/Debit Card.
- Net Banking: Net banking facility is also provided to some listed banks, submit their fee through the net banking also.
- Printing Of Bank Challan: Aspirants can opt. the bank where he/she interested to deposit the examination fee and will take the print of bank challan (two copies-one for candidate & one for the bank). After taking the print of challan, the candidate shall approach the concerned bank to deposit the fee.
Selection will be done on the basis of their marks obtained in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test followed by personal interview.
Punjab TET Exam Pattern:
Aspirants participating in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test can go through PTET Exam Pattern and prepare for upcoming exam according to it. Contenders who will score 60% or more in the PSTET exam will be considered as qualified in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. However, aspirants belonging to SC/ST, OBC, PWD, etc will be given 5% concession.
Paper I (for classes I to V:
|Topics||Number of MCQs||Number of Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Total||150 MCQ||150 Marks|
Paper II (for classes VI to VIII):
|Topics||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30MCQs||30Marks|
|For Mathematics and Science teacher|
|Mathematics and Science||60 MCQs||60Marks|
|For Social Studies/Social Science Teacher|
|Social Science||60 MCQs||60Marks|
Punjab TET 2017 Syllabus:
- All questions in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- No negative marking will be done in Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test 2017.
- Examining body should strictly adhere to the structure and content of the PSTET specified below.
- Paper I: For those want to become teachers for classes I-V.
- Paper II: For those want to teach classes between VI and VIII.
- Paper I and II: Those interested in teaching from Class I to VIII will have to appear and qualify in both the papers.
Process To Fill Punjab TET Application Form:
- First and foremost step to fill TS TET Application form is to visit the official site of the organization that is www.tetpunjab.com.
- After reaching on the home page candidates are required to select the suitable link to read details in regard to Punjab State TET Eligibility, Structure of PSTET, Fees, and PSTET Syllabus etc.
- Now candidates are required to hit on provided links that are available in left side to read the details.
- Now, eligible and interested candidates for Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test can press on “Apply Online” tab and further fill online application form with required details.
- Make the payment of fee through proper mode.
- Also, upload all required documents and certificates with the application form.
- Finally, recheck all details and hit on submit tab.
- At last, take the hard copy of the application form and keep it safe for future use.
|Online registration process start||Last Week Of August 2017|
|Deposit of fees||September 2017|
|Last date of Registration details editing||September 2017|
|PSTET Exam Date||September 2017|
|Punjab TET 2017-18 Online Application Form Official Link||Check here|